SECO model 1100

Kenneth Laine Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Sun Jan 6 19:35:04 EST 2002

Greetings heavy lifters:

I have two SECO ELECTRONICS CORP. tube testers which I want to restore
and get working again. Here is the info appearing on the unit.

SECO on the meter
address stamped on the faceplate: SECO Electronics Corp., Lancaster SC
29720
Model 1100.

If anyone has service data (schematic, calibration procedure, parts,
etc.) on this, or can tell me where I can find same, I would be very
grateful for the info.

These were rescued from a Radio Shack store by me years ago just as they
were about to go into the dumper. This type is large (about 2 feet
square), with many sockets and a rollchart, the kind of tester often
found in drugstores, supermarkets, and of course, RS during the hey-day
of tube entertainment gear. The tester typically sat on top of a cabinet
having a stock of new tubes. I have gotten them out of storage, and hope
to get them going. They appear to be very well built, and would be good
units for testing a mass of tubes of unknown cdx, as in hamfest
boxfulls.

73
--

Ken Ketner