Receiver for use with Heath Apache, TX 1

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 6 19:43:31 EST 2002

Of course, the matching receiver is the Mohawk.  The
Apache and Mohawk were the "original" Heathkit
"twins".  Then, you can add the SB-10 SSB adapter and
the Warrior linear for the complete station at a later
date.

The Mohawk is a pretty good AM receiver and not that
bad on SSB.  I acquired a Mohawk last summer and it
sits next to my Apache as part of my AM station
(remainder is a Heath DX-100 and Hallicrafters S-85 -
re-creation of my 2nd primary station from 1960).

Other receivers include Collins 75A series (1,2,3, and
4), Hammarlund HQ-140X, HQ-150, National NC-300,
NC-303, Hallicrafters SX-100, SX-101 series, and so
on.

Glen, K9STH

--- Gene Holcombe <n5zdf at NETDOOR.COM> wrote:

thought I would check and get opinions on a good
receiver that may do better than what I have.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/