Varistors

Sandy and Kees Talen windy10605 at JUNO.COM
Sun Jan 6 22:06:15 EST 2002

I was reminded again just what a handy item a good varistor
is (as well as the large reverse biased diode in all 12V stuff)
in equipment (ham gear. etc). I thought I had taken out all the
digital stuff including the computer on my old Lincoln when
the battery charger voltage went up, but it's just the varistor
which is shorted ($1 item) in the digital dash assy.

Handy safety item for all ham gear which could be subjected
to overvoltage or voltage spikes.

73s  Kees K5BCQ