Comanche?

Mike Morris WA6ILQ morris at COGENT.NET
Sun Jan 6 22:28:20 EST 2002

With the recent discussion of Apache's, Mohawks and
Warriors, I have a question...  A friend has a very dusty
Comanche (yes, I looked closely) sitting on a shelf in
his garage, and I'm pretty sure I could have it for asking.
It's real dusty, has a little rust along the center of  the
cover edge, but with some cleanup would probably
be a 8, maybe a 9 in cosmetics.
I do know that it hasn't been powered up in at least
15 years, maybe 25 years.

What is it?   When was it sold?  What bands, power, etc
Does it need an external power supply (like a HW-101
requires a HP-23)?
Any gotchas I should know about?

Mike WA6ILQ