SB Cabinet Colors

Charles Seitz cseitz at ENTER.NET
Wed Jan 9 14:26:48 EST 2002

Those of us who have repainted a SB line cabinet know of
two basic colors: light green for early units and blue-gray for
later units.

I have a SB-401A transmitter that someone had repainted gray.
I knew that something was amiss when I noticed that the paint
inside the cabinet was indeed greenish.  I used Xylene (from Home
Depot) to remove the gray overspray without harming the original
finish.  However, I have also seen many gray SB-401A s.

My question is:

     What time frame marks the transition from early to later?

                                                     ---  CHAS  WA2DYA