Heathkit ID-4001 CPU Upgrade Chip NEW!

Don Peterson Don at D8APRO.COM
Fri Jan 11 14:52:14 EST 2002

Many of you may already know about the replacement that we have
for the original Mostek 3870 CPU that was designed into the
Heathkit ID-4001.  If not, then take a look at our web page.

I would like to inform everyone that the software in the CPU has
now been upgraded from "Beta" to Version 1.  We believe that all
of the original features of the ID-4001 have now been
incorporated into it.  This includes 24 hour operation, 50/60
cycle operation, and Degrees "C" display.  These were major
features that we needed to incorporate that you were all asking
about.

In addition, we have added the following features:

* Display will fade in and out between date and time  making it
easier to read

* Data and time are stored in Non-Volatile memory  requiring no
battery back-up

* Year can be saved using serial port and is Y2k compliant

* Serial access to data saved in Non-Volatile memory

* Control of the ID-4001 via the serial port

* Special "Calibration" mode eliminates the 17  second "wait"
when adjusting the sensor calibration pots. This alone is worth
having the upgrade!

* Utilizes the latest weather service calculation of
"Wind-Chill".  It does not use an approximation "look-up" table
as did the original.

* Adapter plugs into the existing Mostek CPU  socket.

* Crystal only operation for running the ID-4001 without
availability of the 50/60 line frequency (Boat Owners!)

REMEMBER!  People who have purchased the "Beta" version are
entitled to a FREE upgrade to the new software.

http://www.d8apro.com/ID4001.htm

Thanks and Regards

Don