HW-101 VFO Problem

Bob Okas vintage at VINTAGE.BEST.VWH.NET
Sun Jan 13 18:05:27 EST 2002

Hi Carl & Group,

    Others have offered very good suggestions, and I'll throw in
another one. I repaired an HW-101 that had a similarly jumpy VFO. I'm
working from memory, but there is a compression trimmer which is
accessible from the top of the VFO. This serves as an adjustment for
USB/LSB shift. I traced the problem to this cap, which was dusty. A
puff of air and moving the adjustment screw back and forth corrected
the problem. You will need to reset the offset after this.

Good Luck!
Bob - W3CD