Problems with tube socket

Gene Sailsbury gsailsbury at MOBIL1.NET
Wed Jan 16 09:27:55 EST 2002

Hello:
I have a mint HW-22A MonoBander that has a little problem.  After the unit
has been on for 15-20 minutes the frequency that you are on goes away.  You
still hear band noise and when you turn the dial you stay on the same freq
that you were on but are not receiving it.  When
I put firm pressure on the 6AU6 tube and it bends the board downward it will
work.  You must maintain pressure on the tube to get it to work.  I can turn
it off and let everything cool down and it will work again for 15-20
minutes.  Do I have a cold solder joint or a bad tube socket.  The 6AU6 is
new.  New at this tube thing so forgive me if this is a dumb questions.
Also where can I get a couple of OA2 tubes.  thanks.
Gene Sailsbury KC0IKY
Pittsburg, Ks 66762