sb100 question

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Mon Jan 28 13:10:41 EST 2002

was there more than one version of the sb-100?  wondering because I
found a
september 1966 QST review of the sb 100.  It says that fixed frequency
operation on MARS or net frequencies can be accomplished by putting the
mode switch in the AUX1 position and using a crystal in the sb-100
crystal
oscillator, or crystal control of the transmit and receiver is
accomplished by
putting the mode switch in the XTAL position.
I have an SB-100, but there is no AUX1 or XTAL position on the mode
switch.  There is an aux locked and aux unlocked position and a locked
normal on the frequency control switch.  Is this the same thing QST was
talking about, or were there different versions of the sb-100.
Also, if anyone has an sb-100 manual, if you could tell me the formula
for
figuring out the crystal frequency, I'd sure appreciate it.  I'd like to
be able
to use my sb-100 on the MARS frequencies.
Ray  wa7itz