HW-100 Going into transmit problem - FIXED

Frank Krozel frank at ELECTRONICINSTRUMENT.COM
Wed Jan 30 14:35:24 EST 2002

Hi all:
After a lot of searching, reconnecting up back the VOX, ANTI-VOX controls
(all wires to the rail were clipped) and replacing the diode and cap related
to the VOX circuit, the problem appears to be a bad 12AT7 tube.  I actually
saw "cracking" using a scope on the output from the 12AT7.
Found a 12AX7 ( no 12AT7's in my shack ) and the problem went away!
Now to find a 12AT7 and get on the air!
Frank Krozel
KG9H
TEL: 630-924-1600