Another SB-650 question

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Tue Jul 2 05:18:02 EDT 2002

 Rather than drilling three holes in the receiver chassis
for three more RCA jacks, has anyone simply used three
Y adapters on the LMO, HFO, BFO outputs, and if so, did
you put the 100 ohm resistors inside the RCA plug going
to the SB-650 or not use the 100 ohm resistors at all?

 I can't think of any reason to have the 100 ohm resistors
there unless they are to help isolate the cable capacitance
from the receiver HFO.

 Also you're instructed to install a 1.2 uh choke (# 45-76) in
the SB-401 from grid 1 to ground in the HFO amplifier
IF you use the 401/301 as a transceiver, once this choke
is installed can use still use the 401 separately, or do you
need to remove that choke to restore operating to the 401
as a separate transmitter? I guess I don't really understand
the reason for adding the choke anyway.

Thanks,

Mark  WB8JKR