HEATH Digest - 30 Jun 2002 to 1 Jul 2002 (#2002-181)

William C. Jones W0fn at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 2 13:36:55 EDT 2002

Dear Members:  I have recently installed the 400Hz CW filter in my SB-102.
The Filter works fine on Receive, but on Transmit the output drops from about
90 watts to less than 10 watts.   Moving the SSB/CW Filter switch to the SSB
Position, the Output increases to 90 watts in either the Tune or Keydown CW.
Moving the Filter Switch back to the CW Position, the output drops again to
10 watts in  Tune or Keydown CW.  What am I missing here?  Should the radio
be realigned or would this just be a weak tube, showing up after the addition
of the CW Filter.  Thank You in advance for any help.  Bill,  w0fn at aol.com