SB-220 Question

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 3 03:00:20 EDT 2002

I had a similar problem when I tried to key my SB-200, with an early
soft-key Harbach mod, with my IC-706. When I connected the keying cable
between the transceiver and the amplifier, and turned the amplifier on,
the relay in the amp would immediately key. I put a diode in series with
the keying lead (anode lead facing the transceiver if I remember
correctly) from the transceiver. I believe the more recent soft-key
boards now have this diode(I believe it's a 1N60) in place. The Harbach
site makes mention of this diode, but can't review because Jeff is on
vacation and the site is nonfunctional for two weeks. If you have the
diode already installed, it might be shorted. Try clip leading a diode in
series with the keying lead.
Pete, WA2CWA