Mailwasher

Jeramy Thibodeaux kg4azt at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jul 9 22:30:44 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Perdue" <k8tp at ATTBI.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 9:47 PM
Subject: Mailwasher

> Several people on this list suggested using Mailwasher to help solve my
> increasing problems with junk email. I downloaded and installed it, but
have
> a problem. When I entered the information on my email account, I used the
> settings found by looking in TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, PROPERTIES in Outlook
Express.
> That shows my POP3 address to be POP3.NORTON.ANTIVIRUS. When I try to read
> my mail through Mailwasher, it says it can't connect to that POP3 server.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance, and please excuse the bandwidth.
>
> Terry

Terry,

It appears you are using the wrong info found in Outlook Express?

Follow these steps.

Open Outlook Express
Tools
Accounts
Mail Tab
Highlight your primary account
Properties button
Server Tab
You should now see;

    Incoming mail (POP3)    --  mail.xxxxxx.com
    Outgoing mail (SMTP)  --  mail.xxxxxx.com

This is the info you need.

Hope this helps?

Jeramy
kg4azt at earthlink.net