GB> technical problem

john page n8blb at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 11 09:19:00 EDT 2002

     Also Ray doesnt mention if it has been proven that the computer barfs
only when he transmitts. I think that should be the first step. Have someone
transmit from your transmitter while you observe the alleged lockup at the
neigbors house. You may find he just has a problem with his computer and is
looking for a way to get it fixed free. Your antenns look like a good excuse
to him. When I moved to my previous house, I put up a 60 foot tower and
triband beam. Didnt get the equipment unpacked and operating for almost 8
months. But I was immediately blamed for all the neighborhood problems from
TVI to the garage door down the street that just wouldnt work.
     Just my .02 worth. John

>From: Glen Zook <gzook at yahoo.com>
>To: rayfri <rayfri at networld.com>, baswaplist at foothill.net,
>glowbugs at piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu, HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
>Subject: Re: GB> technical problem
>Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
>
>The only hope is to install ferrite traps on the power
>cords, interconnect cables, and speaker leads.  Your
>neighbor can get these from Radio Shack (less than $10
>for two of the "snap on" filters).  You are not
>responsible for any interference that he is getting.
>Also, there should be a label on his computer
>equipment stating that it conforms to FCC Part 15 and
>that it must accept any interference from other
>devices but cannot cause any interference to other
>devices.  That will really get him going!
>
>Don't pay for anything or do anything to his equipment
>yourself.  If you do something and if anything goes
>wrong with his equipment for the next 20 years, it
>will be "your" fault!  If you pay for anything that
>might help him out, he will expect you to then pay for
>anything else that he just might want.
>
>Also, his computer may be so badly shielded that
>nothing will help!
>
>Glen, K9STH
>

>--- rayfri <rayfri at networld.com> wrote:
>
>Neighbor is threatening to call the FCC if it's not
>cleared up, but I've tried to explain that the regs
>would not hold me responsible, but I'll try to help
>them out.
>
>=====
>Glen, K9STH
>
>Web sites