Heath HW-101 Mods/External VFO

Richard H. Arland rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jun 11 22:55:11 EDT 2002

Thanks to Al Fritsche, W5ADF, who sent me the original CQ article on the
external VFO for the HW-101, I will make this information available to
this list after I scan it in at high resolution and save it as a TIFF.
My plans are to burn a CD with the info and provide it to the archives
for future downloads. I will also make it available to anyone who will
send me a CD-R and return postage.

About a year ago I was able to obtain an original copy of the ARRL How
to Become a Radio Amateur, circa 1954, with the one tube TX and simple
regen RX which was scanned in. This is also available to the list
archives. (Just tell me where to send the CD).
What I REALLY need is the original CQ articles from 1966 (or was that
1967) that detail how to modify the HW-101 to include all those little
"extras" found on the SB-series transceiver. If I can get the original
article from someone on the list, I will scan this in and do a CD also.

73 Rich K7SZ