GROUND

john van laar van at STARBAND.NET
Wed Jun 12 13:03:23 EDT 2002

If you ground it you will be hit lighting goes to ground. I have seen a two foot ark from  a ground wire to ground 25' away. I also had two satellite dishes 100' away one grounded and the other not grounded the wires were in the same plastic pipe to the house the grounded one took out the lnb and the receiver the other was fine. What i have found is only have one ground and never have a grounded wire in the house during a storm. And a phone wire if it is in the ground is most likely to cause damage. I see this all the time as i do electronic repair. I unplug and unhook with every storm and keep a old phone hooked up and all the good ones unpluged. Not long ago i had a customer get hit and it put a hole in his water pipe he was not home and what saved him more water damage was that he had a well and the power was also off so only the water in the tank came out. I also see people with lighting arrestors get hit all the time. One was on a chimney after it was hit there was no chimney.              John wa2izb