Computer shutdown problem

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 13 14:06:24 EDT 2002

Every computer is different.  Different manufacturers
use varying amounts of shielding, r.f. bypass of
inputs and outputs, etc.  Every installation is
different.  The pysical length of the wires cominging
into the computer can be differnt and thus have
different resonant frequencies.

Even in the same model of computers, component
tolerances can add up such that one will have a
problem and the next one down the production line will
have none.

You are probably in what is referred to as a "null" in
your antenna pattern.  You neighbor may be in a
maximum point.  This could mean 20 to 40 dB or even
more of signal difference.  You neighbor is getting a
much stronger signal.  Remember that your equipment is
shielded and thus is not putting out much in the way
of r.f. into the room.

The same thing is true of other electronic devices.
One might have problems while the one next to it won't
have any problems.

Glen, K9STH

--- rayfri <rayfri at NETWORLD.COM> wrote:

I think there is a point that everyone seems to be
missing.... or maybe they are answering it and i'm too
dense to see the forest for the trees....  and that
is... HOW or WHY would his computer, which is next
door reboot.... but MINE, which is in the SAME HOUSE
and 5 feet above my transmitter NOT be affected?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.attbi.com/~k9sth