Loose SB-401 LMO question/SB-630 wanted

Bradley Stone nb9m at RELIABLE-NET.NET
Thu Jun 13 14:40:08 EDT 2002

Guys:
I have a nice SB-401 which requires one to pull outward slightly on the main
tuning knob while turning it in order to move around the bands.  I'm using the
SB-301 receiver as the source LMO until I fix this.

I've heard that these LMO/VFO assemblies require "disassembly, tightening and
reassembling" in order to solve this common problem.  Does anybody have any
tips on how to go about doing this - and potentially saving me time/headaches?

Also, my newly-acquired SB-401 has the blue-green color, and the SB-301 has the
older green color face.  Did any SB-401's have the green color face, and, if
so, does anybody have one?

One last thing:  I'm looking for an SB-630 station console to round out the
station.  It must be in very good condition.
Thanks!
-Brad, NB9M
PS: An HW-101 is on its way to; good to be back to the green
stuff.