Repacking the HW-101 Jackson Drive

Richard H. Arland rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jun 16 10:45:29 EDT 2002

In an attempt to "smooth" out the action of the Jackson vernier drive on
my HW-101, I shot it with DeOxit. Unfortunatley, this washed out all the
packing grease in the bearings of the drive. Anybody got an idea how to
repack the bearings of a Jackson vernier drive without completely
removing the front panel? What type of lube should I use? I have some
Super Lube which is teflon based and I use it on VCRs wth good success.
I'm wondering if I could use it in this application, or should I use
something like Lubriplate?

73 Rich K7SZ