GB> Acid Core Solder

Richard H. Arland rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Jun 17 20:54:31 EDT 2002

Many, many thanks to all of you who responded. The consensus of opinion
is not acid core solder but fungus and moisture that has attacked the
cadmium (sp) plating on some of the metal parts. As far as the PC pads
not taking solder, a brass brush and a liberal applicaiton of soldering
flux (non-acid) is on the agenda.

Again, thanks for all the tips and help. The Q-Dope info was much
appreciated, also. My daughter, who is "Ms. Fashiion" doesn't know it
yet, but she is going to contribute (albiet clandestinely) to my BA
hobby!! (HI!)

73 Rich K7SZ