HW-101 Series Number

Greg WB8NGA Greg at BOWSER.COM
Mon Mar 18 21:18:48 EST 2002

Cal,

If I remember right, the first two digits were the revision level of the kit, the middle digit was
the year's last digit (example 1972 would be a 2) and I forget what the last two digits were for.
Perhaps, someone that used to work for Heath still remembers.

Another thing about the manual numbers...  They also reflected a revision level.  For example your
HW-101's original manual has the part number of 595-1277.  When Heath made a revision on that kit,
it would be reflected in a new manual with the part number of 595-1277-01.  The next revised manual
would be -02, etc.

The revision level number on your blue and white label should match the number on the manual that
came with the kit.

Greg W8NGA