HW-101 to SB-102 conversion?

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 21 09:29:22 EST 2002

I have noticed the great degree of similarity in the two rigs including what
looks to be:

Some (most, all?) of the circuit boards
The finals and cage
chassis?
anything else?

The VFO looks to be solid state (and as I recall has finer granularity in
tuning) and the front panel/case are different.  There is also one more
control and an additional position on the function switch (this and the meter
switch are rotaries instead of slide).

Wondering if anyone has ever done such a conversion and if it would be
worthwhile?

Mainly I hated the way the HW-101 drifts and the dial accuracy.  I would be
happy with improving that, but the SB looks nicer, works nicer (I think) and
is more like a Collins than the HW ever was...

Thoughts?

Bob, WB2UJD