HW-101

Cal Barton cal99 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Mar 23 02:16:05 EST 2002

I have two Heathkit HW-101 transceivers that I want to restore.  I am having the following problems with them:

Unit 1 - power output into dummy load for each bandswitch setting:
    3.5 - 90 watts
    7.0 - 45 watts
    14.0 - 100 watts
    21.0 - 110 watts
    28.0 - 50 watts
    28.5 - no output
    29.0 - 120 watts
    29.5 - 120 watts
What would cause the power out to be down on 7.0 and no output on 28.5?

Unit 2 - receives fine but no transmit at all.  Bias is fine, no output power.

Any suggestions as to troubleshooting these two units would be greatly appreciated.

73,  Cal Barton  N5RNL

---