Off topic--Turner Mic Coil Cord

Dennis Norton dnorton1 at ROCHESTER.RR.COM
Mon May 13 23:22:08 EDT 2002

Hi Folks--I just acquired another blue Turner SSB +2 mic and this one has a very stretched out coil cord. Does anyone know of a technique to restore the memory to the jacketing and get the coils to stay tight to each other? (or does anyone have a decent coil cord?)  I have thought about winding the coils tightly around a smaller diameter mandrel and then applying heat from a heat gun, but thought I'd ask first in case anyone has experimented with this already....Thanks.....Dennis Norton   W2DJN