Off topic--Turner Mic Coil Cord

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 14 11:00:43 EDT 2002

A trick that often works is to reverse wind the cord.
Start at the microphone end and turn the loops over.
Let the plug end "dangle".

When I was in college and working for the Motorola
Service Station in Atlanta, Georgia, we would do this.
 Often the operator of the mobile had no idea that he
got back his original microphone.  Since the vast
majority of units were on "contract", there was no
additional charge whether or not we replaced the cord.

Glen, K9STH

--- Dennis Norton <dnorton1 at ROCHESTER.RR.COM> wrote:

Does anyone know of a technique to restore the memory
to the jacketing and get the coils to stay tight to
each other?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites