Anyone else getting these? Fw: Returned mail: User unknown

Ray Keefe baracuda at BELLATLANTIC.NET
Wed May 29 07:25:34 EDT 2002

I have also been getting hit with a pile of these types of bounced emails,
none of which I had sent. ALL came back with 2 attachements, one .bat file
and one .eml file. Sometimes they had tagged the subject line as the .eml
file name. These all turned out to be an old virus that has had a
resurgence.

After doing a bit of digging it turned out to be a friend who's pc was
infected with this virus. It went through his Outlook address book and
started having a ball.

I still get a couple of these lately, and the real curious part is that they
are emails I did send, but to an old address and they came back with the
virus attachements!

My own system is on dial up through a LAN w/Internet Sharing. All the pc's
on this network use NAV, BlackIce, ZoneAlarm, and AdAware. With up todate
definitions.

I had not been able to track any of these to this group. It does appear that
the moderator really is keeping it clean and free from the lowlifes in the
world.

Ray
KC2GMN