Anyone else getting these? Fw: Returned mail: User unknown

Bill Coleman aa4lr at ARRL.NET
Wed May 29 15:24:40 EDT 2002

On 5/29/02 10:50 AM, w9ya at w9ya at AMSAT.ORG wrote:

>Actually I solved this problem for alot less money. If you buy a copy of
>Mandrake Linux, install everything, set security to medium or high the virus
>and worm concerns will be over. I watch viruses come in each day with KMail
>and have "no worries mate".

Me, too. I've been using a Mac for years and years now.

I get hit with 5-30 of these trojan viruses a week. Often they present as
audio wave files that are actually an executable.

Being a Mac user, I'm completely immune.

My favorite is the one that looks like a bounced e-mail that you
obviously never sent. Your natural curiosity will lead you to open the
attachment, and then you're infected. My second favorite is the one that
looks like a message from Microsoft, claiming if you run this installer
you'll be immune from the virus (of course, the installer is the virus
itself).

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901