SB Series Cabinet/Feet Question

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 5 13:48:08 EST 2002

In my efforts to put together a pristine (from less than pristine gear mind
you!) Heathkit SB series line-up, I have come into possession of a number of
pieces of SB gear which appear to have other than original feet/extenders.
The question is this:  Did all the SB gear have the identical feet/extenders
front and rear?  The reason I ask is that on one of the shorter depth cabinet
pieces (such as SB-600 speaker or SB-610 station monitor for example) the
unit would sit differently on a table (tilted back further) than the deep
cabinet pieces (say SB-102) because of identical extenders/feet on different
depth cabinets.  Is this the way they are/were or are there taller rear feet
for the short depth units?  If they are different I need some rear feet (or a
source) for my short cabinets!  Seems to me that taller rear feet would be
the way to make the units all tilt the same amount, keeping the front panels
parallel with each other regardless of cabinet depth.

And while I am at it, has anyone identified a source for the (correct) rubber
feet?  I have some (and I think Digi-Key sells them) similar feet, but they
are rounded on the table contact surface.  They work fine, but originals or
Vinyls that look/fit like originals would be better (to a purist with an eye
for detail that is).

Information appreciated and as always, thanks to a great group for same.

Bob, WB2UJD