Fw: Heathkit Bama download frustrations..why?

Keith Harvey keith.harvey at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Nov 15 08:07:21 EST 2002

Malcolm, recently  I too had these problems.. I tried all the hints on the
BAMA home page, but they didn't seem to help. I use W98 with IE5 and have no
problems elsewhere. My conclusion was that the BAMA host machine or portal
allows only a low number of simultaneous accesses. My solution was to dial
in during very early morning hours and I had no problem, fast downloads and
got all the pages.

Drink a lot of coffee before you go to bed and you'll get up early:

73 de VA3KRV  Keith Harvey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Leonard" <radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 01:16 AM
Subject: Heathkit Bama download frustrations..why?

I have so many frustrations with downloading Heathkit stuff from Bama that I
am about ready to call it quits.Latest problem is trying to download the
Heath HD-20 manual.
I got the cover of the manual to display ok,but none of the inner pages
would give me anything but a 404 message.

Then,when I tried to display the cover again,it too gave a 404 message this
time.

This is typical of my Bama problems;erratic,unpredictable,often giving 404's
and weird messages about improper extensions to downloads.

Sometimes working,sometimes not and quite often working partially
;typically, after I have already downloaded part of something the rest won't
download.
I am using Win 98 with IE 6.0.I do not have download problems on any ther
site that features schematics for free,nor do I have computer problems in
general.What is it with Bama,guys?
Thanks,
Malcolm Leonard