WTB: SA-2060A knob/panel applique and SB-104 spinner knob

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 19 16:39:21 EST 2002

1.  Would anyone happen to have a clean brown knob for the SA-2060A Antenna
Tuner?  One of them on the unit I just bought has the grey insert poorly
glued back on.  That meaning there is glue squishing out!

2.  I know this is a super long shot (more like I'm dreaming), but is there a
source for a replacement "applique" for the front panel of the SA-2060A?
Mine had the usual pen markings on it, which have come off fairly well using
a combination of "goof-off" (cut with WD-40 to minimize the plastic melting),
but the result is not quite pristine.  It results in a slightly shiny or worn
look in the area scrubbed which is okay but less than perfect.  "Erasing" the
area with a rubber eraser the to dull it and rubbing with WD-40 helps, but it
doesn't pass the "close examination under a bright light" test.  Any ideas?

3.  Finally, another plea for the "SB-104 Spinner Knob" which I bought one of
new years ago and put it on my HW-101.  I like this arrangement very much and
would like to do the same to my pristine SB-102.  Heck, if I had an SA-2060
(which the color scheme better matches the SB/HW line, I would want to put on
on the inductor too! (Anyone want to trade a SA-2060 in fine shape for a
SA-2060A in getting finer by the minute shape? ;-)

Thanks as always and 73,

Bob, WB2UJD