Fw: Hi John.

John A. Diefenbach jdief at TELLINK.NET
Wed Oct 2 22:38:40 EDT 2002

The attached is from my former boss of 30+ years ago when he owned a GE 2-way radio service shop.
Anyone have any ideas where he might find a resistor for his Bird Termaline?

Tnx,

jd, K1TLV

----- Original Message -----
From: James Montress
To: Jdief at tellink.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 5:51 PM
Subject: Hi John.

I have my original Bird Model 612 Termaline Wattmeter with a no good load
resistor 51.5 ohm 80 watts. Resistor has gone way up in value. I have been searching the net to no avail. Bird says no soap on a 50 year old wattmeter.
No parts available. No luck with Carborundum or anyone else. Wonder if you
might have a thought on the problem, having been along this route over the
years. Now that you are Extra Class are you taking advantage of same. Still
like to meet you on the bands John. Just say when and where and i'll be
there. Other than that hope all goes well with you. 73 Jim