Removing black permanent marker pen from SB-200 front panel

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog at REVEALED.NET
Wed Oct 9 13:14:10 EDT 2002

Eric Pierce wrote:
> Anybody ever tried to get anything like this off?  (Maybe I can try
> goo-gone, but I suspect it is too permanent for that).

I had an identical problem a month or so ago.
First, I tried simple 409 soaking with a napkin. You'd be surprised
how much but not all that removes. Standard cautions about 409-
it may remove lettering etc. Repeated applications required.

Second, and possibly better is a product called "oops". It's made
to remove all sorts of stuff including markers. Sold through True
Value hardware and others. Works very well even on cured latex paint.
The can specifically mentions magic marker. It works very well.
Mike
Iowa