Heathkit Cantenna Question

Heinz und Hannelore Breuer hbreuer at DEBITEL.NET
Fri Oct 18 10:37:29 EDT 2002

Is this a joke?

Take your VTM or any digital meter set the mode to RESISTANCE and just
measure the resistance between center and body of the SO259 socket.

There are other ways to compute the resistance using Ohm's law but this
involves connecting the cantenna to your 117 V house wiring and
measuring the current (should read 2.34 A at 117 V). DON'T DO IT YOU
WILL PROBABLY KILL YOURSELF.

73
Heinz DH2FA, KM5VT