AEA

David Wilson david at WWNS.COM
Fri Oct 18 17:25:16 EDT 2002

Hello Fellows,

I am afraid this is old news.  AEA is indeed back in business and has
some fine products.  Timewave bought out the PK-232 and maybe a few
other things, but if you will take a look at

http://www.aea-wireless.com

You will find their site.

I would also like to add I used the CIA-HF for analyzing a 2 element
80 meter delta loop earlier this year.  It was really a NICE piece
of equipment.  It made me want to throw rocks at my impedance bridge.

I have not seen an ad for them in some time, however I must say I have
been very impressed with their equipment.  Only gripe I have had is not
having Linux software for their Wireless Director program.  I have
mentioned that to them however.

Dave

> " A.E.A. Out Of Business
>
> Ham Radio Online has learned that about one week ago (mid-November),
> Amateur Radio equipment dealers received word from A.E.A. that the
> company would be suspending operations. A former employee of A.E.A. of
> Lynwood, Washington, has confirmed to us that for all intents and
> purposes A.E.A. is out of business. Friday, November 15th, 1996 was the
> last day of employment for most of the staff. According to reports,
> A.E.A. is selling out remaining stock and pledges to honor all existing
> warranties. The former employee tells us that during recent months
> A.E.A. unsuccessfully attempted to find a buyer for the business. The
> ARRL Letter reports that A.E.A. is continuing to look for a buyer. "
>
> (From http://www.hamradio-online.com/1996/nov/business.html , found in
> <1 second using www.google.com )
>

> Eric VA3EP
> www.thirdpla.net