SB401 Neutralization???

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Oct 23 15:40:25 EDT 2002

Dan -

The Drake method should work just fine.

It usually takes SEVERAL iterations to get the Drake neutralized, since you
have to move the cap, recheck the dip, move the cap, recheck the dip, etc.,
etc.  It takes a lot of patience to get it "right", and it's always just
"close".

The Heath method, on the other hand, (which by the way is the "traditional"
way to neutralize a stage,) requires only that you monitor the output level
with plate and screen voltages removed, and then just adjust the
neutralization cap for minimum output.  This is a dip, and can be set
precisely to the minimum while watching the output meter "real time".

Either method, with care, is more than adequate.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta