Slow Scan

Don Peterson Don at D8APRO.COM
Tue Oct 29 14:00:36 EST 2002

Using "not Heathkit" in the heading is against the rules on eBay.  I got "burned"
one time because I tried to describe a "made for NRI" item from Heathkit and
used the words "not Heathkit".  I was really trying to be honest.... and of
course received a NASTY letter from eBay threatening to remove me.

And... has anyone tried to contact eBay????  No phone listing, no email address,
no customer service!  They basically just don't want to be "bothered" by customers.

How else do you describe a "Heathkit" that's not labeled "Heathkit".

Anyway, I now put that information in the description, not the title.

****** Forwarded Message Follows *******

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Peterson" <Don at D8APRO.COM>

It's got to be home-brew.  Heathkit didn't make any "slow-scan"
components.
 It also doesn't look like a Heathkit.  About the only thing
"Heathkit" appears
to be the case.  It looks like a wrapper from an SB-3XX.

Unfortunately, the name "Heathkit" gets associated with most any
"hacker-hardware"
when it comes to eBay, because the name is known to attract $$'s.

Don

Yes. Even putting "Not Heathkit" in the subject line gets hits from
Heath searches!

Neil