[Fwd: HR-10B Drift]

Gerald C. Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Tue Sep 17 08:18:27 EDT 2002

I agree drift is a characteristic of most tube type gear from that era. We
now have the luxury of low frequency drift in modern equipment so going
back in time tends to be revealing to say the least. However there was a
modification article published in 73 magazine where the author solid-stated
the power supply and used the socket to add a VR tube. That cured short
term drift due to line voltage variations. On the whole, the HR-10 is good
if the band is not too crowded. There just isn't enough selectivity. To my
mind, one of the best entry level rigs of the era was the HW-16. It was
relatively stable, selective, and did everything well enough to be usefull.
That's the rig I will use at the "boatanchor" operating position.