[Fwd: HR-10B Drift]

Thomas Beltran tbeltran at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Sep 17 22:49:40 EDT 2002

>  To my
> mind, one of the best entry level rigs of the era was the HW-16. It was
> relatively stable, selective, and did everything well enough to be
usefull.
> That's the rig I will use at the "boatanchor" operating position.

As a highschool kid in 1960's I drooled over the HW-16 (my old catalogs
would be of absolutely no use to collectors :) )
No change over relays, sidetone, it had everything - but at $ 109.00 it was
expensive.  I finally got one in 1970.  I sometimes put the rig on the air -
if works fb.  In fact, even 15 meters works great now with a beam.  Tom
W6EIJ