IC-746 / Sb-220 compatibility

Stu Lyon slyon at PACIFICNET.NET
Sat Sep 28 13:19:31 EDT 2002

Peter,
See: http://www.harbachelectronics.com/ and find their SK-220.
This was designed exactly for the circumstance you discribed.

I have used the similar SK-200 to interface between a TS-440 and a SB-200
and it works well.

73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
slyon at pacificnet.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter J. Havens" <pjhavens at UNEEDSPEED.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 9:35 AM
Subject: IC-746 / Sb-220 compatibility

Hi Guys:
    A friend just called regarding his purchase of a new Icom 746, but he is
unsure as to whether it is compatible with his old SB-220 linear. As I don't
own any "newer" solid-state stuff (only boat-anchors), I could not advise
him. I suppose the question comes down to keying voltages of the SB-220
relay, and the Icom's limits. Do any of you guy's have similar set-ups (no
doubt some of you do!)?
     Thanks in advance for your help.                Peter Havens
                                                                    KA2SQJ