ampkeyer

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sat Sep 28 13:50:18 EDT 2002

The second version of the ampkeyer should be ready by thanskgiving.

the first version using a single sided PC board is available now. (pc boards
are in process and should be here soon)

I can send a digital photo of the new second version if anyone is
interested.

I tested the second version with a sb 200 amp and my jupiter transceiver.
works great!!

here's snip of the info

The AmpKeyer is a small interface that will allow you to key that SB-220
amplifier with your new Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu or Ten Tec. Don¹t have a
SB-220. Not a problem with the AmpKeyer. It will work with ANY amplifier
that I know of. Dentron, Heathkit, Hallicrafters, it makes no difference.

The key line from your radio is coupled to the amplifier via a optical
interface.
The AmpKeyer will switch up to 10 amps, (yup!) at 12 volts to ground. If you
need a set of insulated contacts for use with the -130 volts bias Heathkit
requires, the AmpKeyer can handle that too with its dry relay contacts. Why
there¹s even a grid blocked output if you ever need that too!

The AmpKey operates from any 8 to 18 volt supply either AC or DC input. The
AmpKeyer will automatically set the polarity and the voltage.

The AmpKeyer is easy to build. It¹s on a small PC board about the size of a
playing card. Assembly is easy, and set by step instruction are of course
included.

This version of the AmpKeyer is constructed on a single sided PC board. A
future version will be on a double sided PC board with all I/O connection
made on the board. There will be no wiring required with the second version.
Also the second version will have a small case wrapped around it.

PricesŠ

Right now, the PC board only is $5.50 + $1.50 shipping. You can get up to 4
boards with the same shipping
A complete kit of parts (no case) is $25 + $2.00 shipping

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com