Meter Static Charge

shadow shadow at GILROY.COM
Fri Apr 18 14:29:57 EDT 2003

Couple ways to solve this problem.

Best way.
Remove the cover .
Wash in a bowl of water and 1/2 teaspoon fabric softener.
Rinse with fresh water.
Gently the towel dry.

Easy way
You can just dip a rag in a bowl of water and 1/2 teaspoon fabric softener.
Then carefully wipe the face with it.
Rinse towel with fresh water.
Wipe meter face with fresh water.
Gently the towel dry.

Service note.
If you have a meter that you think may be sticking...
Remove the cover...
Do Not use your finger.... To play with or touch the pointer.
-->> Just lightly blow a little air across to the meter face.
Easy way to see if it sticks and will go full scale.

Shadow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Charles Seitz wrote:

> I have a V6 VTVM.  The pointer is at
> mid scale.  I thought the movement was
> damaged until I touched it and was able
> to deflect the pointer by moving my
> finger across the plastic meter face.
> I found that I actually don't need to touch
> it; just waving close to it moves the pointer.
>
> Appears to be associated with static electricity.
> Does anyone out there know how to solve
> this problem?
>
>                              ---  CHAS  WA2DYA

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

A gun in the hand, is better then a cop on the phone.