Off topic....a challenge

wb7tne at COMCAST.NET wb7tne at COMCAST.NET
Wed Aug 6 19:22:58 EDT 2003

 The youngest ham licensed in the U.S is 6? I think that is correct. Yes, I
work with Boy Scouts to get them their Radio Badge. I occasionaly come in
contact with a child that is physically or mentally challenged. It takes a real
concerted effort on the parent's part to get a child of any physical or mental
condition to complete a licensing program. The difficulty is then in keeping
the new licensee interested in the hobby,and making sure they have equipment.I
have in the past,even challenged children and adults to get licensed by
offering equipment as an incentive,new or used,with mixed results.Try going to
the BARQ,jr. ham website and maybe you can get some insight from those folks.

73
Daryle