Off topic....a challenge

wb7tne at COMCAST.NET wb7tne at COMCAST.NET
Wed Aug 6 19:52:57 EDT 2003

 There is a book,titled 'RIDING THE AIRWAVES WITH ALPHA AND ZULU',formerly
published by ARTSCI,Inc. I would recommend it as it has a comic book like format
and appeals to both child and adult. It is no longer in publication but you can
occasionally find it on the many bookstore sites.The latest book published,2001
I believe,incorporaters the rf safety material. Sorry, I don't have any copies
left as some of the students I deal with never returned their copies. I
gemerally deal with 10 to 20 Boy Scouts at JOTA weekend every October.To induce
more interest I try to get them to take either a licensing course or will set
up a class at my home.Further ,I have in the past ,offered radios as a reward
for getting a 'ticket',with mixed results. Courage Handihams could very well be
the best contact for this purpose.Also,try the BARQ,jr. website.That club
specializes in licensing kids.

73
Daryle
WB7TNE