HA-10 Rectifiers

hbreuer@debitel.net hbreuer at DEBITEL.NET
Fri Aug 8 11:39:15 EDT 2003

Hi Dave,

the 30 minute heating refers to the first power on after you installed or
exchanged the tubes or after the amplifier had been moved around. The
normal warmup should be 3 minutes. The Collins KWS-1 has a 180 second
thermal delay relay to automate the task. You want all mercury to be
vaporized before the HV is applied otherwise you may get a flashover or
even dead short which will take out your HV transformer.

73
Heinz DH2FA, KM5VT