SB-200 Problem

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Wed Feb 12 12:33:21 EST 2003

Carlos:
The most likely problem is one or more of the filter capacitors went bad.  Now if you check the caps using the resistance method (one way then the other with the ohmmeter leads) they may seem to be okay, but may be breaking down under voltage.  I had the same problem with a friend's sb 200....   if you keep turning it on and popping the breakers, eventually one or more of the capacitors will become a dead short.  Dont wait that long....I didnt wait..   get some new filter caps and replace them... I'm 99 percent sure that will solve your problem.
     I found replacements for 5 bucks apiece at a local electronics wholesale place...
Ray  wa7itz