Feet Extentions (and my $0.02 on lever knobs)

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 18 14:10:35 EST 2003

I would be interested in some, maybe 2-3 pairs.

Now, If we could get a similar (cost effective) solution for lever knobs, we
would be all set!  The last person who tried this found the setup costs
(dies, etc...) to be prohibitive.  Some time ago, I personally tried to work
with Old Time Replications (now has the web domain www.antiqueradioknob.com)
who hand makes knobs for antiques radios and such.  He was reluctant but
willing to look into making these lever knobs.  The price would be somewhat
high due to their being hand made in small batches rather than mass produced
(which would be cheap piece part-wise but with high setup costs)  I was going
to give them a repaired knob which I had built up a little in the weak area
so that the reproductions would be stronger.  I stopped short of going
forward with this due to less than overwhelming demand for the knobs when I
polled the list and my own reluctance to send off one of the few knobs I had.
 Any one have any ideas on a better way or is the demand better than I had
found?

Bob, WB2UJD

(All snow-blown out, but stuck on an unplowed street in NJ ;-)