SB-104 magic

W2AGN w2agn at W2AGN.NET
Tue Feb 18 17:37:44 EST 2003

As a confirmed QRP CW operator, I rarely mess around on SSB. If there is a
country I need that is only on SSB, I'll give it a try. I remember a while
ago I had to go to 100W to work 7X4AN, Mohamed.

Today I was messing around with an old SB104 my Dad built a long time ago.
Got the receiver working, and was fiddling with the drive. I didn't even
have the jumper in back for the "High Power." I was on 10M SSB, and kept
hearing 7X4AN calling CQ. He worked a few, but no pile up. As I was just
messing around, I gave him a call, just using the driver, about 1 watt...and
he answered and gave me a 53 report! Amazing! Something to do while snowed
in.