SB-200 amp

Kevin J Ward kevin_ward at JUNO.COM
Tue Feb 18 20:45:03 EST 2003

Walt -

I remember seeing an article in one of the ham magazines about this
subject.  The author's approach was to replace the input capacitor on
each input network with a variable capacitor, then tune each network at
the middle of the respective band for best SWR.  Sorry, I don't remember
which magazine, but I'll bet it appeared within the last five years.
Perhaps one of our other readers can pin it down.

I believe the reason you are having so much trouble is that the impedance
at the cathodes of those tubes is much higher than 50 ohms, and is
reactive to boot.

Good luck.

Kevin  N2IE