Variable caps

Chris Campbell clcampbl at TRAVERSE.COM
Sun Feb 23 22:31:16 EST 2003

Mike:

You might try a tiny bit of contact cleaner where the rotor part of the
variable cap contacts the frame.  There's usually a bronze spring there
for the contact.  Also try air to blow the dust out.  Some times just
working the capacitor open and closed cleans up the contact.  This
"conductive grease" refers, as somebody else noted, to thermally
conductive grease for mounting solid state devices against a heat sink.
 It's not electrically conductive.  Got some Deoxit?

Chris Campbell